Get your healthcare education journey started by filling out the Newgate College of Health Technology Admission Form. Apply now to secure your spot in in-demand courses such as nursing and pharmacy. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to pursue your career in the healthcare industry.
Newgate College of Health Technology is a highly reputable institution located in Nigeria that provides top-notch training in the health sciences. The college offers various academic programs, including diploma and certificate courses in various fields of health technology. In this article, we will be discussing the admission process for Newgate College of Health Technology, the requirements for the admission form, and how to apply.
Newgate College of Health Technology is fully accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and other professional regulatory agencies, ensuring that the quality of education provided meets industry standards.
Newgate College of Health Technology Courses
DIPLOMA/ND COURSES ARE:
- Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW)
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Public Health
- Pharmacy Technician
- Anaesthesia Technician
- ND Community Health
- Health Education and Promotion
HND COURSES ARE:
- Health Information Management
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Public Health Nursing
- Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW)
Newgate College of Health Technology Admission Requirements
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING
- Nigerian Registered Nurse (NRN).
- National Diploma or its equivalent in Nursing.
- Holders of the above must possess the basic O’level credits in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
- Minimum of 5 passes in O’level WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO at not more than 2 sittings. Three (3) of the passes must be at credit level and should include English Language, Biology or Health Science, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing, and any other subject.
COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (CHEW)
- Five (5) Credit level passes at WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO O’level not more than two (2) sittings. These must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Health Science. – Also, candidates with JCHEW certificates have an added advantage.
JUNIOR COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (JCHEW)
- Three (3) credits and two (2) passes at O’level WASSC or NECO in not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science, and any other two subjects.
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MGT
- Five credits in O’level at not more than two sittings at the SSCE/WASSC or its equivalent. The subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Science, Physics or Chemistry, and any other subject.
HND HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- National Diploma (ND) in H.I.M with a minimum of lower credit.
- Health Record Technician Certificate with a minimum of lower credit and five (5) O’level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology or Health Science in either WAEC/NECO at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must have completed one year of industrial attachment. Those with ND with an initial JAMB score of 150 are not required to write JAMB. However, candidates without ND certificates are required to have a JAMB score of 160 and above.
- Five (5) credits at not more than two (2) sittings in WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
- Requires WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO – Four-credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry with at least a pass in Physics. (Results more than ten years from the date of this registration will be rejected by the Registration Board).
- Holders of Medical Lab. An assistant certificate with the above O’level.
How to Apply for Newgate College of Health Technology Admission Form
Admission forms for the 2023/2024 academic session are available at the college premises. Interested candidates should contact the college at the following phone numbers: 08132973514 or 09049698031. Applicants are required to come along with a passport photo and photocopies of their credentials when obtaining the admission forms.