Turkey Visa Application Requirements Turkey has offered visa-free travel to citizens of almost all countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom, since 2013; however, some citizens still need to apply for Turkish visas in order to visit this country. If you are planning on traveling to Turkey in the future, you’ll need to know how to apply for Turkish visas beforehand in order to get through immigration smoothly. This guide will help you find out how to apply for Turkey visas from where you live.
How do I apply for a Turkey visa from UK/US?
There are two different methods by which you can apply for a Turkey visa from UK/US. Both of these methods will require you to obtain a visa application, which is available on our website and can be filled out at home. You can fill out and print your application before arriving at your nearest Turkish consulate or embassy.
The first option is a person-to-person visa, which allows you to visit any of our consulates or embassies in person. If you would like an interview at a Turkish consulate or embassy, you can schedule an appointment by calling 02089337000.
- How to Apply for Ghana Visa on Arrival –
- United Kingdom Visa Lottery
- How to Apply for a Kenyan Visa
- UK Visa Requirements for US Green Card Holders
- United Kingdom Visa Lottery
Turkey tourist visa process
A tourist visa is issued by a Turkish Consulate or Embassy outside of Turkey. To obtain a tourist visa, you will need to submit your passport and an application form at a Turkish Consulate or Embassy.
It is important that you check with your local Turkish Consulate or Embassy about their specific visa application process and documentation requirements. These requirements may vary, so make sure you contact them directly for more information. In most cases, however, your visa application will include a single application form. You’ll need to complete and sign it and then submit it with your passport and other required documents.
Where can I get a Turkey visa application form online?
Before heading to an embassy, if you’re lucky enough to have access to high-speed internet and/or a printer, you can visit your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and download a visa application form from there. Otherwise, call or email your local embassy or consulate directly and request that they send you an application form by mail. You can also fill out your application online (if available), print it out, sign it, then bring it with you when you go in person.
On your application form, there will be boxes provided for you to list your current passport and previous passports, as well as any other travel documents you may have. If you’re not using one of your existing passports (e.g. because it’s lost or expired), then you’ll need to bring a photocopy of that document with you as well—and be prepared to present both the original and photocopy during processing.
When does my Turkey e-visa start?
To get an e-visa, you’ll need to apply at least three business days before your trip. If your trip is planned during peak tourist season, you may have a longer processing time. After getting an e-visa approval notification, don’t forget that it takes at least 24 hours to print out an e-visit boarding pass before you can board your flight.
Do I need a bank statement with my Turkey visa application form?
Normally, your bank statement should be in Turkish Lira. However, since you are living abroad and probably have accounts in USD or other currencies, you can still use these statements as long as it clearly states your Turkish lira balance at a fixed period of time. So if you had $50 USD left over from your last trip, which is roughly 50-60TL at today’s exchange rate, then it is fine to list that as your bank balance.
If you are applying in your home country, then it is highly unlikely that you will be asked for a bank statement. In fact, I don’t think anyone else had to submit any other documents but their filled-out application form and passport photo.
What documents do I need for applying for an adult single-entry Turkey visa from the UK or US?
A passport valid for a minimum of six months from your departure date from Turkey, and that has at least two blank pages. It must also be valid for at least six months after your expected return date. Two passport-sized photographs of you which meet specific requirements set by Turkish authorities; must be recent and taken in full color against a light background (white or off-white). The photographs should also have been taken within three months of your application date, and have been taken with a digital camera that meets international standards.
There are also other documents that can be required, such as copies of your flight details and proof of sufficient funds, depending on your circumstances. If you’re applying with a spouse or partner you should bring a copy of their passport. If you’re younger than 18 years old then you will need to bring parental permission documents if they’re not traveling with you.
Can someone else buy me a Turkey e-visa as a gift/birthday present?
It is not possible for a third party (friend, relative, or company) to buy an e-visa for you and have it sent to you as a gift. However, someone who has booked their own holiday through us can purchase an e-visa and invite you as a guest on their booking. This means that they will pay your holiday price but once your trip is booked, you will be able to use the credit on your e-visa s well.
How to Apply for a turkey visa
We can say that getting a tourist visa is not too difficult, and it’s a matter of time as much as anything else. The main point is that you need to have all your documents ready and have them translated into Turkish, English or French if you don’t know how to write in Turkish. Most applications are done through registered travel agencies in your country which deal with applications 24/7.
The consular section of a Turkish Embassy abroad will forward your application to Ankara or Istanbul and request approval from authorities in those cities. You should receive an answer within a few days. This is also valid if you have decided to get your visa on arrival at Istanbul airport or another port of entry such as Ankara Esenboğa Airport.
Prices Of Turkish Visa
- Turkey VISA Application Fee – Single Entry – USD 250 – N95, 000 – N100, 000
- Turkey VISA Application Fee – Multiple Entry – USD 400 – N152, 000 – N160, 000
- Turkey VISA Application Fee – Single Transit – USD 250 – N95, 000 – N100, 000
- Turkey VISA Application Fee – Double Entry – USD 400 – N152, 000 – N160, 000
What happens after I fill in my Turkey e-visa application form online?
Once you have successfully completed and submitted your online application, it will be processed within two working days. When processing is complete, an email will be sent to you, containing your e-visa along with some other useful information. We recommend that you check your junk mail folder before contacting us about not receiving an email from us. Please note that we will also contact you via e-mail with further information if anything goes wrong with our system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Turkey Visa
- Who needs a visa to visit Turkey? A: Citizens of certain countries are exempt from obtaining a visa for Turkey for stays of up to 90 days within a 180-day period. However, citizens of most countries need to obtain a visa before traveling to Turkey.
- How can I apply for a Turkey visa? A: You can apply for a Turkey visa online through the Electronic Visa Application System (https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/). Alternatively, you can apply for a visa in person at a Turkish embassy or consulate in your country.
- What are the requirements for a Turkey visa application? A: The requirements for a Turkey visa application may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. Generally, you will need to provide a valid passport, a completed visa application form, a recent passport-sized photograph, and proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Turkey. You may also need to provide additional documents, such as a letter of invitation or a hotel reservation.
- How long does it take to process a Turkey visa application? A: The processing time for a Turkey visa application can vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. Generally, it takes between 1-2 weeks to process a visa application. However, it is recommended that you apply for your visa well in advance of your planned travel dates.
- How much does a Turkey visa cost? : The cost of a Turkey visa may vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. Generally, the visa fee ranges from $20 to $180.
- How long is a Turkey visa valid? : The validity of a Turkey visa depends on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. Generally, tourist visas are valid for up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
- Can I extend my stay in Turkey? : It may be possible to extend your stay in Turkey by applying for a residence permit. You should contact the nearest immigration office for more information on how to apply for a residence permit.
- Can I work in Turkey with a tourist visa? : No, it is not allowed to work in Turkey with a tourist visa. If you want to work in Turkey, you will need to obtain a work visa or a work permit.
Turkey visa-free countries
Citizens of 169 countries can travel to Turkey without a visa for a maximum period of 90 days within 180 days with either an e-Visa or a VISA on arrival. Citizens of 30 countries (including Australia, Canada, and New Zealand) are also eligible for a visa on arrival if they have certain documents. For example, you can get your visa at Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport in just 15 minutes if you’re from one of the eligible countries with a valid passport and return ticket.
However, if you’re a citizen of one of a handful of countries that aren’t included in these lists—such as Afghanistan, China, India, Iran, Iraq, and Syria—you will need to apply for a visa before your trip. Applying is relatively straightforward.
When applying for a visa, you must be fully prepared, including having all documents and payments ready. Don’t forget that once you receive your electronic visa, it is valid for three months from your travel date. Be sure to make travel plans in advance and know exactly when you will arrive in Turkey. The good news is that you can easily book flights online; we recommend booking as early as possible!
Once you have your visa and are ready to fly, you’ll need to decide what is best for your arrival. For example, if you will be traveling with family or friends, it may be best to arrive on different flights. You should also know that once you arrive in Turkey, you will most likely pass through passport control at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul.
Make sure not to forget any required travel documents before arriving in Istanbul!