Uganda Prison Service Recruitment 2023/2024: Do you have a passion to work with the Uganda Prison Service? if yes we have good news for you as we will mentor you on the requirement and how to apply for the Uganda Prison Service Recruitment read here to have full information.
The Commissioner-General of Prisons wishes to inform the general public that recruitment of Recruit Warders / Wardresses into the Uganda Prisons Service will take place throughout the country from the Opening Date to the Deadline at all Fifteen Regional Prisons headquarters in Kabale, Mbarara, Masaka, Kampala, Mukono, Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Moroto, Lira, Gulu, Arua, Masindi, Fort Portal, and Mubende.
- Uganda Police Force (UPF) Recruitment
- US Navy Recruitment
- US Army Recruitment
- Canadian Army Recruitment
- Swedish Army Recruitment
Uganda Prison Recruitment Requirements 2023-2024
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE Certificate) or its equivalent with at least two principal passes (those with equivalent qualifications, must obtain certification from UNEB). NB: Overqualified candidates should not apply.
- Six credits at UCE with at least a credit in English and a pass in Mathematics,
- Be physically fit and ready to undertake the requisite twelve months of basic police course.
- Possess no criminal record.
- Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Ready to work in any part of the country.
- Excellent communication skills.
Additional Requirements ( Updated )
All applicants must be:-
1) Uganda Citizens aged 18-30 years
2) In possession of O’ Level Certificates with at least 4 Credits including one in English and a pass in Mathematics. University graduates and diploma holders should NOT apply
3) Physically fit
4) With the handwritten application, original, and 03 photocopies of certificates/result slips
5) With three (03) recent passport-size photographs
6) National Citizenship Identity Card and ID of the former school
7) Of good conduct with no criminal record and a letter of recommendation from LC I Chairpersons of their villages endorsed by LC II, LC III, and Chairpersons of Districts of origin
8) Ready to undergo both oral and written interviews
9) Ready to undergo thorough Medical Examination on reporting for training to confirm suitability to undergo the training.
How to Apply for UPS Recruitment 2023/2024
Interviews shall be conducted at the 16 Regional Prisons Headquarters and 2 sub-regions (Kotido and Hoima).
Successful applicants should be ready to undergo a minimum of nine months of basic Prisons Officer Training Course.
Effective appointment in the service is subject to successful completion of the training.
NOTE: Presentation of forged documents or impersonation is criminal and shall be prosecuted in Courts of Law.
All stages of the recruitment process are free of charge. Please do not pay any money to anyone for any service during the recruitment exercise