How to Find Downloads on Android Phones
On Android, there is no single final location for downloads. This article describes Android download locations where you can find files downloaded from Google Chrome, Google Messages, Samsung Messages, WhatsApp, or Gmail.
Where are the downloads for Android?
To navigate Android’s internal storage, you need an Android file manager app. Some Android devices come with the Google Files app, while Samsung devices use the My Files app. You can also connect your phone to a computer to manage files and folders.
In most cases, all downloads are saved in the Downloads folder. However, the location may vary depending on which apps you have downloaded. For Android users (Android 7 and higher), searching for downloads is similar to using Windows Explorer or Mac’s Finder.
How to find downloads on Android
To access Google Chrome downloads on most Android devices:
- Open the Files app and tap Inside. It’s at the top under X GB or X GB used.
- Tap the category associated with the download (Videos, Images, Documents & More, or Audio).
- Scroll through the options on the top left and tap Downloads to view your downloads.
How to Find Google Messages Downloads on Samsung
To access downloads from Google Messages on your Samsung device:
- Open your favorite file manager, tap Internal Storage, and tap Photos.
- Select a message. All downloaded images, videos, and voice clips can be found in your Messages folder.
How to find WhatsApp downloads on Samsung
To access WhatsApp downloads on your Samsung device:
- Open your file manager and select Internal storage > WhatsApp.
- Select media.
- Files and attachments are stored in their respective folders within WhatsApp’s media directory.
- Top 10 Mobile Phone Retailers in Nigeria
- How To Recharge GOTV Online Using Mobile Phone 2023 | Easy Guide
- How To Sign Up On Cash App on Your Phone | Cash App Login
Downloads stored on iPhone
iPhone users running iOS 11 or later have more control over where downloaded files are stored. Previously, downloads ended at a location based on file type. However, in iOS 11 and later, downloads are accessible in the Files app.
Apple’s Files app is a streamlined approach to accessing photos, videos, and documents stored in the Phone app and cloud services. The Files app is essentially a file manager for iPhones with iOS 11 and above.
Tap the Files app. Under Location, tap the option to browse for iPhone downloads. Alternatively, you can use the search bar at the top of the screen to quickly find files or images.
FAQ on How to Find Downloads on Android Phones
How do I stop downloads on Android?
To stop downloading from the Google Play Store on Android, tap the X in the progress bar during the download. If you are downloading from the app, there is no surefire way to stop the download other than disabling Wi-Fi.
How to Download YouTube Videos on Android?
Downloading YouTube videos to Android requires a YouTube Premium subscription. Navigate to the video you want to download using the YouTube app and tap Download below the video. Select a download quality option. 720p or 360p.
How do I download apps on Android?
To download Android apps from Google Play, open the Google Play Store app, tap the desired app, and tap Install. You can also manage downloads from the Play Store on your desktop. In the Amazon AppStore app, enable the Install Unknown Apps setting, find the app, and tap Get > Download.