2023 NECO GCE Registration Form: The National Examination Council (NECO) is already accepting applications for the November/December 2023 SSCE External Examination (for candidates not in the School system, i.e. Private Candidates). The NECO GCE Form is now available online – check below for the pricing, subjects, registration instructions, and other useful information you’ll need for smooth registration.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has notified that the application form sales for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates have begun. The Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is primarily for applicants who are not enrolled in a school.
- NECO Result Checker 2023 | www.result.neco.gov.ng | NECO Result Portal
- National Examination Council (NECO) 2023 BECE Registration Guidelines and Instructions
- NECO GCE Timetable for 2023 SSCE External Candidates
- 2023 NCEE Result Checker | NECO Common Entrance Result Is Out
- How to Check NABTEB GCE Result (Nov/Dec Exams)
NECO GCE – General Information For all Candidates
- The registration cost is non-refundable once paid.
- The use of reliable cyber cafés is strongly advised, as the Council will not be held accountable for candidate registration problems. (A list of suggested cyber cafes around the country where candidates can connect to register is accessible on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or is physically on display in our State offices across the country.)
- Before registering, candidates should carefully read the instructions on the online scratch card.
- Before registering, candidates should read the Regulations and Syllabuses.
- Candidates should be aware that the image/photo that they supplied during registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- In the examination hall, smoking, mobile phones, and other electronic communication devices are prohibited.
- Candidates must wear mufti, and no one with arms will be permitted inside the test hall.
- It is not possible to enter more than once. Candidates who register several times will have all of their results thrown out.
- Candidates who lose or damage their scratch cards before registering must purchase a new one.
- Please be aware that after an examination has begun, no applicant will be permitted to enter the room.
- In the exam room, wearing a face mask is required.
- In the test hall or classroom, the social and physical distance shall be carefully enforced/observed.
- Each applicant should carry his or her own hand sanitizer to the test hall or classroom.
- An applicant who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms during the examination will not be permitted to continue until he or she has been confirmed as medically fit.
Visually Impaired Candidates:
Candidates who are blind must register in the same manner as everyone else. However, while entering their bio-data in the offline application during registration, individuals must specify the type of their impairment.
NECO GCE Available Subjects
There are twenty-nine subjects in the SSCE External:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
Candidates should be aware that literature is a part of the Nigerian languages (Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba).
How to Register for NECO GCE Form 2023
Registration Period: The registration period begins on 17th August 2023 and ends on 14th November 2023 at midnight.
The registration period will be
The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Seventeen Thousand Eight Hundred Naira (N17,800.00) Only.
Stamp Duty: N50.00.
All payments should be made into the NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
Visually Impaired Candidates:
Visually impaired candidates are to register like everyone. However, they are to indicate the nature of their disability when making entries of their bio-data in the offline application during registration.
Lare Registration & Walk-In Registration:
Late registration will incur an additional fee of one thousand naira (N1,000).
Walk-in registration will begin on November 22nd and finish on December 21st. Each applicant will get a sum of twenty thousand naira (#25,000.00). Registration is required one day prior to the scheduled time of the first subject/paper to be taken.
Mode of Payment for NECO GCE Form 2023
Applicants or registration points (cyber cafés) should go to www.neco.gov.ng and register an account using their email addresses or phone numbers, activate the accounts, and pay into the NECOSA using one of the five payment ways.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
Scratch cards are no longer used for all NECO transactions, candidates should know.
NECO GCE Registration Guidelines 2023
Both online and offline registration is available. Candidates should go to neco.gov.ng SSCE External link on the Council’s website to find the nearest registration place (Cybercafe) and register at any moment throughout the registration period. Candidates can also register by first creating an account, purchasing a registration token, and then going to the registration point.
- The registration process necessitates the submission of a passport-sized picture. The candidate’s passport-size photo must be less than SIX MONTHS old and have a white backdrop. In some cases, the System Camera can be used to take a passport-size photograph at the time of registration.
- During each candidate’s offline registration, biometric fingerprints will be taken.
- Candidates should be aware that biometric verification will be performed during the examination.
- Candidates with mismatched fingerprints at the time of verification are considered impersonators and will be prosecuted under existing laws.
Application Procedure NECO GCE Registration 2023
- Create a User Account: Visit https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and click the Register Here link to create an account.
- Activate Your Account: You will get an activation email. To activate your account, follow the instructions in the email. It’s possible that the email will land in your spam folder.
- Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng to log in. To log in, use your registered email address and password.
- Payment: Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to pay for the SSCE external examination. If your payment is approved, you will get the exam and/or four-figure table tokens (s)
- Find a Registration Point: To register, go to any of the authorized cybercafes’ registration locations. To find one near you, click on https://operator.neco.gov.ng/.
- Offline Registration: Fill out the registration form, which includes photos, fingerprints, and the subjects you want to sit for.
- Create a Photocard: To upload your data, enter your token. You will be sent a picture card with your registration number and data after the system has verified your token.
NOTE: Candidates must be enrolled and have an online account, or have one established for them by a cyber café, in order to input their data to the NECO site online and acquire examination numbers. Log in to the account you just established and buy a registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
SSCE External Registration Token
Candidates utilize the Registration Token to register for the SSCE External Exam, either on their own or at a Registration Point. A candidate must purchase a Registration Token before sitting for the SSCE External Exam. A candidate’s Registration Token can be purchased through their accounts or at the nearest Registration Point.
NECO GCE Attestation Photocards and Timetable
Each applicant must get the following from the Cyber Cafe after completing the registration process.
At least one (1) clean copy of the NECO Photocard, which will be needed to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall, and a timetable for the examination. (Candidates should be aware that passport-size images on photo cards that are not clear will not be allowed in the exam hall.)
Any of the following should SIGN AND STAMP the Referee’s Attestation area of the Photocard:
- A recognized Senior Secondary School Principal
- A Chief Imam or an Ordained Clergyman.
- A Nigerian Armed Forces or Police Commissioned Officer not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant with a grade of GL or above.
- A lawyer has at least 10 years of expertise in the field.
CANDIDATES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THEIR ATTESTATION PHOTO CARDS FOR STAMPING AT THE NECO STATE OFFICE.